Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Kaori - Lazyass Typesetter Extraordinaire

G'day all! 

It is I, Kaori! 


Self-proclaimed "lazy ass typesetter extraordinaire!" 
although to be honest, I've been debating that "lazy ass" part...
 Mainly because I've been a busy little girl!

Anywho! I decided that I need to make a new blog because the other one went super emo and that's super no bueno. AND ALSO, because I'm back in the scanlation game. That's right all, it's back to typesetting (and cleaning because I've got some experience with that as well, yeeeaaaah booooi~) and cranking out those projects like no other. 

Yes, this is indeed going to be a blog all about me and my love for manga (and...anime???) Since I'm a freelance editor now, I need a way to introduce myself to my future "scanlation buddies" to put my name out there ya know?!

So hello there! 
Thanks for finding me! 
And if you're looking for a typesetter 
then I'm the girl you're looking for!

So just to get started, here's a little introduction about myself!

I'm a full-time university student, working as an undergraduate research assistant (aka mad scientist), which I can tell you right now is not the best combination for a stress-free environment. So in order to relieve the pressure of everyday life, I watch my anime and read my manga. In order to give back to this community I love, I decided to learn how to typeset and clean. My very first scanlation group at the time was [@#%$^#$^&@$@%&^%**&(#%^] Oh oops, can't mention any names. I'm grateful for the training that they gave me, but I'm not gonna lie, that place traumatized me. 

So after a catastrophic departure from that group, I landed a great editing gig at Turtle-Paradise Scanlations! It's a lil sloooow there at the moment, so I decided to go freelance in order to get as many series out there as soon as possible!

Listed below are just a few of the projects I've worked on at Turtle Paradise (and that other place):

  • Dear My Girls
  • Time Between Dog and Wolf
  • Hikoukigumo
  • Crimson Hero
  • Sayonara no Jikan
  • Non Non Biyori
  • Lost Universe
  • Stray Love Hearts
  • Mebius Gear
  • Slayers - Super Explosive Demon Story
  • Awai no Mori (Tsukuroiya)
  • Watari - Samurai Komachi
Here's my Turtle-Paradise profile if ya want to check out my current projects with them:

Current Status: Typesetting @ Soda Scans 

I'll be updating my incoming projects when they come around! But for now, I shall bid you all adieu!

1 comment:

  1. open bracket tilde space apostrophe space dash space apostrophe close bracket tilde space less-than sign three

    ReplyDelete

My First Release

G'day all! Tis I, Kaori! It's been a long time since my last post hasn't it? Same old story, different day~ I...